All Returning Nippers please submit renewal applications without delay to guarantee your place in Southport Nippers for the 2023/24 season – renewal information can be found in the links below:
MUST be completed EACH season prior to commencing Nippers – No Pool form NO Nippers!
This can be done:
- By an accredited Swim Coach, if your child is already attending lessons elsewhere
If your child would like to compete please ensure both sections of the form are completed (Under 9 and above). If not, you only need to complete the top section.
- If your child does not want to compete, only the Preliminary Beach Evaluation is required to continue participating in Nippers.
- If your child does want to compete, they will be required to complete the Competition Beach Evaluation following the Preliminary Beach Evaluation.
- Must be processed before Christmas break up to gain the age award for the season.
To be eligible to compete at carnivals.
- Must have completed both sections (swim requirement & competition distance timed swim) on the Preliminary Pool Evaluation.
- Must have completed the Preliminary Beach Evaluation.
We are encouraging our Nipper Parents to get involved and assist over the 2023/24 season. We have a number of ways you can assist.
We are low on Officials. If your child is intending on competing for the 2023/24 season we encourage you to look at completing this course (can be done at home on your computer) as preference for carnivals will be given to those who have parent assistance.
The ‘Fair Play’ Grant is one of three funding programs that comprise the QLD Government Sport and Recreation’s ‘Get in the Game’ initiative, aimed at helping Clubs grow by providing better sport and recreation activities at a grassroots level, and giving children who might not otherwise be able to afford it, the chance to get involved in sport.
The Southport Surf Life Saving Club has a limited number of foamie (Under 9 – Under 10) and fibreglass boards (Under 11 – Under 13) available to hire this season. If your Nipper is attending board training or carnivals they will need to have their own board or an allocated rental from the Club. Board rental requests need to be submitted to the Lifesaving Office with payment.